We have been able to secure preferential rates at the following hotels:
- Leonardo Hotel (previously Jurys Inn) – 4 nights (from 10 May) (double room, single occupancy) £112.00 (rate expires 10/04/23)
- Leonardo Royal Grand Harbour Hotel – 4 nights (from 10 May) (double room, single occupancy) £185.00 (rate expires 10/04/23)
Please carefully note the following codes when booking as this affects the operability of the discount. If guests would like to stay from the 10 May until the 14 May, you will need two different reservations: one for the first night and another one for the other three nights as follows:
- Both Hotels: 10/05/23 for only one night JIUOSC100523
- Both Hotels: 11/05/23- 14/05/23 will be JIUOSC110523
Any queries can be directed to Fatima (contactable at email@example.com) who can assist. Anyone who wishes to book outside of the 10–13 May must email the above group email address and Fatima will be able to manually make the reservation.
These rates are inclusive of bed and breakfast, wifi and VAT. Cancellation terms: Must cancel 7 days prior to arrival. This offer is attached to a limited number of rooms so book soon to avoid disappointment.
For 20 rooms at Ibis Southampton on the 11 May 2023, 2 nights stay we can offer a rate of £95.00 per single occupancy room, per night and £102.00 per double occupancy room with breakfast included. Rooms will be Standard with one double bed. Rates are incl VAT, non-commissionable and apply on bookings of a minimum of seven rooms.
Ibis offer 45 days prior to arrival full cancellation and 28 days prior to arrival payment. Delegates can call or email directly quoting UOS Conference on 11.05.2023. At the time of booking Ibis will require individuals to guarantee their reservation with card details. Individual rooms can be cancelled free of charge up to 7 days prior to arrival.
4. Elizabeth House Hotel A discount is being offered for three nights (Weds 10, Thur 11 and Fri 12 May) at a rate of £130/night for a double room (breakfast, parking, VAT and wifi inclusive). Attendees wishing to book Elizabeth House should email firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting ALPS conference to obtain that rate. Please be advised May is a busy time for this hotel so attendees should look to book as early as possible.
N.b. Conference co-organiser, Professor Helen Carr, will be staying at Elizabeth House if that assists with selecting somewhere to stay.
Getting to the University Campus
From Leonardo Hotel (formerly Jury’s Inn), take the U1A or U1E Unilink bus from either Cenotaph or Giddy Bridge stops to Highfield Interchange (~20 mins). For those staying here and nearby, conference co-organiser Professor Helen Carr has offered to meet participants for the journey on to campus on the first day of the conference.
From Leonardo Royal Grand, take the U1A or U1E Unilink bus from Holyrood Church (~32 mins).
From Ibis, short walk to Southampton Central Station where you can take the U1A or U1E Unilink bus to Highfield Interchange.
Unilink adult single fare (as at Jan 2023) is £2.50. If you need to use the bus more than once in the day, a Southampton zone dayrider will be the cheaper travel option at £4.00. You can ask for this when boarding the bus. All buses accept contactless or cash payments. N.b. Chip & PIN is not supported: using contactless on-board is safe, secure and easy and carries the same level of protection as using Chip & PIN.
As well as the recommended Unilink bus service, the city of Southampton is served by Uber/Bolt hail-rider apps.
Other hotel options in Southampton include:
Novotel Southampton – https://all.accor.com/hotel/1073/index.en.shtml
Holiday Inn Southampton – https://www.ihg.com/holidayinn/hotels/gb/en/southampton/soahp/hoteldetail
Finally, conference participants may wish to consider Airbnb as an accommodation option. Bookings are available in the Highfield area (close to the campus), or in the City centre.